Healthy Life Habits: Top 10 Ways to Live Well Every Day

Good daily practices can dramatically boost your overall health and well-being. In this blog, I'll discuss 10 daily practices that have positively impacted my physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Before we begin, I would like to provide some context.

These everyday habits have been formed gradually over the last five years; they did not appear overnight. It is tough to develop good habits, and it takes time. Although these habits are daily habits, I don't put pressure on myself to do them every day, especially when things get too busy or overwhelming. Sometimes things slide a little and that's okay. When you are trying to find healthy ways to live by changing your lifestyle, it's not about perfection; it's about doing what you can. Generally, I try to do these habits at least three to five times a week because I find they help me stay on track and reduce stress.


Enough with the introduction; let us get into the habits.

Person holding a glass of water with lemon for healthy morning hydration.
Kickstarting my day with healthy hydration! 



1. The first daily habit to stay healthy is that I drink a glass of water as soon as I get up. Well, not immediately—first I brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, and then have a glass of water. I find that this has made a big difference to my energy levels in the morning. When we're sleeping, we're not taking in any water, and when we wake up, we can be mildly dehydrated. When we are dehydrated, our weariness levels increase. Starting your morning with hydration is beneficial for leading a healthy lifestyle. I usually drink filtered water; sometimes I add lemon to it. It's usually at room temperature, but some prefer warm water—it's about personal preference 

Person meditating in a serene environment, practicing healthy daily habits.
Mindfulness meditation: a key to healthy living and inner peace. 


2. I meditate for 10 minutes every day. I used to be skeptical about meditation, but over time, I've found it incredibly beneficial to begin a healthy life by living this way. It can reduce anxiety, improve immune function, and even help with pain management. The biggest change for me has been mental clarity and feeling more calm.  Meditation might be scary at first, so I recommend beginning with guided meditation. Apps like Calm or Headspace can be very helpful to lead a healthy lifestyle.

Person enjoying a brisk walk outdoors, promoting ways to live a healthy lifestyle.
Embracing nature with daily outdoor walks for a healthier life. 


3. I go for a brisk walk outdoors every day. This isn't possible year-round where I live, but I try to get outside as much as I can. It's a great mood booster to get fresh air and sunlight, and studies show exposure to greenery is good for your health. Brisk walking is not only good for my mood; it is also my main method of exercise.  
  I try to complete 150 minutes of moderate cardiovascular activity per week, which includes my walks.

Person doing weight training exercises at home, part of healthy life habits.
Strength training: essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. 



4. In addition to walking, I do other exercises including weight training. Weight training is crucial as we age because it helps preserve muscle mass and bone density.
It's never too early to start, and learning basic methods is essential to avoid harm. I conduct these workouts at home using free weights and bodyweight exercises. These exercise habits can play a great role in maintaining your health and lifestyle.

A plate of food with a variety of green veggies, demonstrating good eating habits and lifestyle.
Daily greens for a nutrient-rich diet and vibrant health. 

5. I try to eat something green every day to make my eating habits healthier for a better lifestyle. As a nutritionist, I find this challenging sometimes, but greens are very nutrient-dense. Smoothies are an excellent way to introduce greens into your diet if you're not used to eating them.

Bowl filled with colorful fruits and vegetables, supporting ways to live a healthy lifestyle.
Eating a spectrum of fruits and veggies will help you get healthier.




6. I eat at least two to three servings of brightly colored fruits and vegetables every day to promote healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle. Eating a variety of colors ensures you get different phytochemicals, which have various health benefits like cancer prevention and supporting metabolism.

Headphones on a laptop with a soft glowing light, promoting healthy daily habits.
Relaxing with soothing music: a perfect end to a healthy day.



7. Every evening, I listen to relaxing music to unwind. 
Nature noises and soothing music can help lower stress and cortisol levels, promoting relaxation.

A person reads a book, encouraging good living choices.
Continuous learning for a sharper mind and healthier lifestyle. 



8. 
Every day, I strive to read and learn something new. This habit not only enriches my knowledge but also supports brain health by keeping my mind engaged and active.

Group of people enjoying a meal together without phones, nurturing healthy life habits.
Cherishing moments with loved ones: essential for a healthy life.



9. I spend quality time with loved ones every day. This means being fully present without distractions, which can significantly improve communication and reduce stress.

Person placing a phone on a bedside table, promoting healthy daily habits.
A digital detox before bed can help you sleep better and live a healthier lifestyle.



10.  I avoid using my phone at least one hour before bed. This helps me sleep better by reducing exposure to blue light and allowing my brain to unwind.

I hope you find these 10 healthy daily lifestyle habits helpful!  If you enjoyed this blog, please give it a thumbs up and consider subscribing. Before you go, let me know in the comments what is the one habit that has changed your life.

Comments